Posts Tagged ‘external genitalia of women’
Many of the deadly virus in this world, as well as with the virus Human Papillomavirus (HPV) actually includes 100 types of viruses with varying degrees of severity. So far this has been found that at least 15 of them cause cancer and this, of course, in high-risk groups.
A large number of HPV are transmitted through sexual intercourse (40%) and also produces skin infections that affect the anogenital tract, oral and respiratory. Thus, genital warts are common in the cervix and vagina and mouth and throat.
However, the appearance of warts does not mean that patients suffering from cancer, although it is true that the percentage to account for the high risk HPV can cause cancer of the uterine cervix, breast, prostate or skin, among others.
Cervical is the second leading cancer in women worldwide after breast cancer frequency is estimated to cause about 500,000 deaths per year worldwide, 80% in developing countries.
To prevent human papillomavirus is important to consider a series of preventive measures, including diet plays an important role, along with, of course, safe sex.
how to avoid the virus causes
Sexual behavior: a major risk factor for a large number of HPV spreads through sexual contact. Transmission is more likely when you start early sexual life of individuals and the more sex partners. Promiscuous sexual partners are the focus of infection, especially if you use a barrier method like condoms. In the case of women needed to visit a gynecologist once a year to practice their cytology, the test is more reliable for detecting many HPV.
Consumption of tobacco: Smoking increases the risk of injury from the virus from becoming cancerous.
High Number of pregnancy: the hormonal changes during pregnancy support the development of HPV.
Weakens the immune system: consumption of alcohol or other drugs, certain genetic factors or diseases, less than 8 hours of sleep, stress … are factors favoring an immune system malfunction. If you’re weak defense will be easier for your body to surrender to the spread of HPV.
Prolonged use of contraceptives: studies have estimated that women who use oral contraceptives for more than 5 years doubled the risk of cervical cancer.
Nutritional factors: one factor that we can better control and more influence on our health in every way and, indeed, in preventing HPV. Here are some tips:
- Consumption of many antioxidants: Fill in your daily diet of fruits and vegetables (rich in lycopene tomatoes and peppers are rich in beta-carotene) which will boost the immune system.
- Eat lots of vitamin C: You know, natural fresh orange juice is squeezed in a lemon, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries
- Consumption of foods rich in folic acid: green leafy vegetables, liver, whole grains, oranges, nuts, beans
Remember that a healthy life in terms of routines and habits is essential to exercise, sleep hours of respect, for not too much with harmful substances (alcohol or tobacco) and a constant healthy nutrition is key to strengthening the immune system.
But even meet all these precautions you may be exposed to the virus so do not you check the gynecologist once a year. If you are considering to become pregnant, especially if you are infected because there is little possibility of infecting your baby. Rare and prevent cesarean section, but your gynecologist should recognize the problem and treat it.
The essence of it all is to consume foods with nutrients and avoid the transmission factor,
How should perform intimate grooming?
* To maintain the external genital area is clean enough to wash with water alone or with a mild soap twice daily, morning and evening. Cleaning should include the vulva, as well as the folds of the labia, the clitoris also.
* Try not to overdo the cleaning, the excess of this can be counterproductive because it destroys the normal flora increase the risk of infection.
* Dry the genital area and the folds between the legs so that there is no irritation or moisture left.
* Washing the external genitalia should also be performed before and after sex. We also must keep hands and nails clean and neat cut to avoid problems of transmission during sex play.
* The vagina (inner conduit of the genitals) is cleaned by itself, its walls produce a fluid that carries the dead cells and other microorganisms outside. Therefore, irrigation is not recommended, vaginal deodorants, talcum powder, spray or intimate, as they can irritate the vagina and cause infections.
* During the period, in addition to the aforementioned hygiene measures must be changed three or four times daily sanitary napkin or tampon.
Factors facilitating the development of infections
* The use of tight underwear, replace it with loose garments.
* The use of synthetic materials such as nylon underwear, because they hold moisture and heat in the genital area, preferably cotton use.
* Sex, by producing chemical changes, as the semen is alkaline and causes a change in the pH of the vagina, make sure the toilet before and after relationships.
The external genitalia of women by their location in the body, as well as its features and functions are continually exposed to a series of aggressive factors make them susceptible to alteration. As it is considered one of the most delicate and requires greater care in the female anatomy.
Why you should have a proper hygiene of the genital area?
Because the genitalia are conducive environment to develop various diseases the bacteria that normally live in the genital area, vaginal secretions, sweat, menses and urine and fecal waste and bacteria transmitted during sexual intercourse together with the lack of ventilation, favor the development of microorganisms. Therefore, it is vitally important to perform a specific health care and will not affect the physiological characteristics of this intimate area of women.
Care to avoid contamination of the genital area
If urine, wipe with toilet paper wetted zone only, without rubbing, to avoid irritation.
In the stool, avoid contamination with feces genitals. Wipe from front to back, ie from the genitals to the anus, never the reverse.
If you use a public restroom or of dubious cleanliness, cover the top with toilet paper before sitting down.